Infinite Citadel

CK2 Let's Play/AAR

54 posts in this topic

Entry 12: Kangaroos and Pirates

Expansion is the route I've been pursuing - China/remove Kebab may happen in the later game or in Victoria II:

This one is from the early 1600s, the main powers at this point in the game are Asgard (me), the Arabian Empire, Andalusia, Middle Francia, Lithuania, Scandanavia, Turkestan, the Byzantine Empire and Frisia. I had started colonizing Indonesia and random islands in the Indian Ocean:

Spoiler

2U6SSyf.png

Fast forward 50 years, and things have changed a bit. The Indian Ocean Expansion continues as planned. Lithuania and Mauritania each made some gains - I think Mauritania is now a major player. Another rising country is Brittany, who controls the West Coast of France and most of Scotland - if they manage to take over England/Wales they'll be a much needed counter to Middle Francia. Unfortunately for me, Lithuania and the Arabian Empire have been allied most of the game - I could take one but not both of them. The Byzantines are the only ones playing a semi historical game - they're on the edge of collapse due to being hit on three sides by the Arabian Empire, Lithuania, and Middle Francia. 

Spoiler

K0vjEOY.png

That Lithuania-Arabian Empire alliance broke down for a short period, which allowed me to hit the Arabian Empire and gain their lands on the Persian Gulf and take a lot of their allies' land on the horn of Africa. Lithuania shrunk a bit as Turkestan and Scandinavia took back some of their land. The hardest hit was Frisia, who lost most of the French holdings to Brittany and their Danish holdings to rising Pomerania (basically Germany). Mean while, I've started colonizing the Pacific (Hawaii is mine!). 

Spoiler

SCcROXj.png

On 9/24/2016 at 6:46 PM, Fanag said:

So what is your priority? China or the Fertile Cresent? 

I somehow forgot to put in the last image for that update (edited in) - my priority is anything that borders the Indian Ocean. I've been focusing a lot internally and trying to convert both culture/religion of most of my provinces. Once I have the Indian Ocean secure, I'm not sure what I'll do tbh