Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infinite Citadel

Forum Improvements

88 posts in this topic

I've run into the freezing issue as well when I've been on my University's internet, I'll see if there's anything on the support forums about it. 

As for mobile, you should be able to insert images by selecting the insert other media option in the bottom right of the reply box (right above the submit reply option). That test post was on my phone with a normal mask, so it works :P

I also added unique member titles based on your post count. You can change them to custom titles after 500 posts (might lower this to 250 idk). The titles I added are based on the book series and there are 16 unique titles at various post counts up to 10000 (I don't expect anyone to ever get there lol). 

I can do it!

I usually stay away from the spam threads, as posting for the sake of posting doesn't appeal to me. However, I might give it a shot just to get a personal title :P

Skin #2 is up. Skin #3 removes some functionality fo the boards, so I'm not going to include it.

Edited by Infinite Citadel

This new skin went from pitch black, to amazing, to pitch black again. Please go back to amazing.

Black Chrome is really bothersome. I personally enjoy the Orange one the most :P

Orange is such a friendly color.

I must agree :P I'll probably stick to this one if I can, unless I absolutely have to use the other ones

The red highlighted parts should never be difficult to read (IMHO) so if it can be kept the way it was in the "blue theme"; i really don't mind what colour you choose to make the background highlighted in green.

Forum.png

It just looks like it has no idea what to do with the text color. It could be an ok theme without the white on light gray and dark gray on dark gray text.

I would absolutely use TOP's theme (it's beautiful), but I don't believe it's available for IP community suite 4 (more themes should become available over time).

Hey we should create an olb baseball section, where people within the alliance can post tips, and possibly fund some teams. However, in return the teams have to pay higher tax.

Hey we should create an olb baseball section, where people within the alliance can post tips, and possibly fund some teams. However, in return the teams have to pay higher tax.

We have the same tax rate across the alliance and can't change that. As soon as Sheepy puts in a direct match option for OBL, I'll set up some tournaments and stuff. 

We have the same tax rate across the alliance and can't change that. As soon as Sheepy puts in a direct match option for OBL, I'll set up some tournaments and stuff. 

perfect. Can we set up a sub forum directly for this though?

The "ignore signature" button is broken, as soon as you refresh the page you will still see the signature.

Ok, I am not sure if I am the only one who thinks this or not, but I feel like the Urithuru forum is a little clustered and random. It just feels like a bunch of random topics and subforums have all been thrown together. I think possibly separating the barracks and market place might be helpful, or just creating another forum for all of the posts that have been made under Urithuru, like the job openings and the forum announcements and stuff. 

Ok, I am not sure if I am the only one who thinks this or not, but I feel like the Urithuru forum is a little clustered and random. It just feels like a bunch of random topics and subforums have all been thrown together. I think possibly separating the barracks and market place might be helpful, or just creating another forum for all of the posts that have been made under Urithuru, like the job openings and the forum announcements and stuff. 

This is a good post, does anyone feel the same way/have some suggestions on how I could streamline the organization? I could definitely make the subforums their own forums. Urithuru is our private and will have a lot of random topics, which will be buried under time. I was trying to keep all of our private stuff together, but I can change that~

I split The Barracks, The Marketplace, The Shattered Plains (FA only) and the Suggestion Box out and made them their own parent forums. I created two subforums in Urithuru, one for official announcements, and one for old/archived topics. I'll use Urithuru for feedback and anything that really isn't announcement worthy. Announcements will be official gov level announcements. Does this look better to you guys? Should I rearrange the order of boards at all?

Can you put embassies back in 1 forum like how they used to be? Too long now.

Made a slight change to shorten the length. Should I sparring grounds out like I did to embassy row and the welcome center?

Made a slight change to shorten the length. Should I sparring grounds out like I did to embassy row and the welcome center?

No, I like the way it is now. Sparring grounds is the spam random area anyway, haha. Better to just keep it as it is. But you could create a forum for the daily polls like you did with the sports and books. Maybe even a specific area for the baseball teams, but that is probably not important.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0