Micchan

Anime & Manga

90444.jpg

Steins;Gate 0 (first half) 8/10

Not good as the first season but still very nice, let's see how it ends

90880.jpg

Golden Kamuy 7/10

Surprise of the season, now I have good hype for the next season, I like how they mixed the violent moment with the comedy and comfy moments

90601.jpg

Akkun to Kanojo 4.5/10

Your average short anime, avoidable

91270.jpg

Captain Tsubasa (2018) 5.5/10

Ok remake but it miss the crazy style of the original that is what has made it special

92466.jpg

Amanchu! Advance 4/10

Comfy first half, terrible second half with that fantasy shit

90621.jpg

Gegege no Kitarou (First half) 5.5/10

Nice but ripetitive, every episode is pretty much the same thing

92465.jpg

Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season: Sono Ni 5/10

After 3 seasons is a bit boring, hard to do original things at this point

• Upvote 1

Finally got enough content for a decently size writeup.

Comic Girls (6.5/10)

90325l.jpg.

"Hey Bear, I thought you usually hate cute girls doing cute things show so why keep watching them?" well, refer to this handy chart below

58MKDgb.png

This show lands squarely on the memes part of the chart. The show itself is not too bad, the comedy timing is pretty good. Didn't drop it so that's something.

Boku no Hero Academia Season 1 - 3 (10/10)

78745l.jpg

Damn great at keeping up the hype between each episode. Binged watch the whole thing in 1-2 weeks. Also the reason why I've been very slow on this writeup.

Girls & Panzer: Saishuushou (Part 1) (5.5/10)

91463l.jpg

Apparently, the show will be release as 6 separate parts or smth. Right now, only the first part is out. Considering the fact that the first part was release back in early 2017 or so, I have a feeling it''s going to take forever for the whole thing to be released.

Anyhow, the first part is quite meh, we'll see how it goes if the other part is ever released.

Golden Kamuy (8.5/10)

90880l.jpg

Could be very well be called "Sugimoto's Bizarre Adventure". Unbearable bear CGI aside, I really love the variety of characters and how batshit insane some of the villains are. It also seems like the manga's author the show have somewhat of an obsession with boners.

87617.jpg

Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai (2 OVA): 7.5/10

Classic JoJo, first story better than the second one

91291.jpg

FLCL Progressive: 4/10

Some heavy drugs here, crazy non-sense even compared to the original

89993.jpg

Violet Evergarden Special: 3.5/10

Bad like the anime

91202.jpg

Godzilla: Kessen Kidou Zoushoku Toshi: 6/10

Second movie of the trilogy, not good as the first one because goes a bit over the top

92011.jpg

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: 7/10

Hard to watch a serious FMP with violence and drama after Fumoffu

90440.jpg

Gurazeni: 6/10

Very original sport anime because is not the classic underdog goes for the victory but is more about the life of a professional player

90089.jpg

Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu: 8/10

First time in history that "too fast" and "classic fighting shonen" are in the same sentence

90408.jpg

Darling in the FranXX: 4.5/10

Failed hard, sorry studio Trigger

90373.jpg

Ninja Batman: 4/10

Soo much potential and good animation style wasted

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Micchan said:

90408.jpg
Darling in the FranXX: 4.5/10

Failed hard, sorry studio Trigger

how bad is it? Heard mixed things about it with some people saying it's pretty fucking great, some saying it sucks, some saying it's looks promising until it divebomb hard and others saying it's essentially Evangalion: waifu war edition

54 minutes ago, Dark Specter said:

What is this wonderful place

Hive of scum and villainy

Spoiler

Actually, I think it turned into literally only me and micchan discussing anime

1 hour ago, Bear said:

looks promising until it divebomb hard and others saying it's essentially Evangalion: waifu war edition

This one is sort of accurate

Tried to hard to be an Evangelion+Gurren Lagann mix, characters are weak and there are too many useful things

1/100 epic as Gurren Lagann and the ending is not even close to be troll tier enough to convince dumb people that there's some genious deep deep deep meaning like Evangelion did

On 8/5/2018 at 12:53 AM, Bear said:

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, I think it turned into literally only me and micchan discussing anime

I always read everything you two write in here about anime. Especially micchan's ratings.

Detective recommendation list

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo

Kindaichi.jpg.14457fcc7fdc88208d5b7f1f2667903b.jpg 

Kindaichi case files is a classic detective anime, most of the mysteries are great and unique.

Most of the murderers have aliases, from strange clowns to a Japanese superstition, which makes the mystery even more entertaining when watching. I consider this series far above that of Conan and others on this list because it is more realistic, the cases are well-thought out and it is solvable by the watcher, the 'creepy capers' as they are called also give you a feeling of fear which adds to the realism. I'd recommend it to anyone that likes anime or is just a mystery-enthusiast. 

Favorite case: Reika Hayami Kidnapping Murder Case

Rating: 9/10

Detective Conan (Case Closed)

conanmain02.jpg.8dede165332f7e0d189fd6f85848d204.jpg

Detective Conan is one of the most popular detectives shows in Japan and has over 800+ episodes. However I dislike it, some plots can be unsolvable, mysterious technology ruins the realism and it lacks the fear and maturity of Kindaichi. So I would rate it lower than Kindaichi. 

Favorite case: Cruise Ship Serial Murder Case 

Rating: 6/10

Gosick

230px-Gosick_vol_1.jpg.fdf707a9e54ed63a753e9a5d569a540b.jpg

Ah! Gosick is a great mystery anime, but it has a poor ending. Throughout the series, we follow the solving of Victorique de Blois with numerous cases with mystery revolving around those mysteries and the character herself. Its poor ending makes its downfall, with all this weird plot being added and it turns all sour. The cases are dark, and some based on legends which make it all the more entertaining. 

Favorite Case: Undying Alchemist Leviathan

Rating: 7/10

Un-Go

250px-Un-Go_Title.jpg.bea4b827191c7093a16c6a90a9fed451.jpg

Interesting detective anime with a weird premise, it has a strange ending like Gosick. The start is good, with interesting cases and the fact that the MC can get one answer out of anyone with the help of his strange friend, however, the castle crumbles with the appearance of another 'ghost' with them battling it out and some type of conspiracy begins forming with the climax at the end.

Favorite Case: The Phantom Statue

Rating: 5/10

Thank you for reading!

1214759745_Marireading.jpg.681c40be9338499b5d97936973870615.jpg

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Mari said:

Detective Conan (Case Closed)

conanmain02.jpg.8dede165332f7e0d189fd6f85848d204.jpg

Detective Conan is one of the most popular detectives shows in Japan and has over 800+ episodes. However I dislike it, some plots can be unsolvable, mysterious technology ruins the realism and it lacks the fear and maturity of Kindaichi. So I would rate it lower than Kindaichi. 

Favorite case: Cruise Ship Serial Murder Case 

Rating: 6/10

Really loved Conan for a long time. Especially when I was a kid. I even have 61 of the mangas at home. But over the years I've lost interest because the entire series is just so slow. The story progresses so slowly and instead of solving some of the mysteries he's introduced, he only adds even more new characters. The anime has an abundance of filler espisodes that never appear in the manga and it also seems like most cases could be solved faster if Aoyama would skip those parts that are clearly just meant to lengthen the process between a murder occurring and Conan solving it.

Also nice to read something from you here Mari. So far one hasn't heard much of you. :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

Really loved Conan for a long time. Especially when I was a kid. I even have 61 of the mangas at home. But over the years I've lost interest because the entire series is just so slow. The story progresses so slowly and instead of solving some of the mysteries he's introduced, he only adds even more new characters. The anime has an abundance of filler espisodes that never appear in the manga and it also seems like most cases could be solved faster if Aoyama would skip those parts that are clearly just meant to lengthen the process between a murder occurring and Conan solving it.

Also nice to read something from you here Mari. So far one hasn't heard much of you. :D

Thanks, Mitsuru, hehe. Really appreciate the kind words! ^_^

Also fully agree with you on Conan, definitely slow and has too many filler episodes. ( Kindaichi > Conan ) 

Thank you Bear and Micchan too. 

• Upvote 1

93151.jpg

Joshiochi!: 2-kai kara Onnanoko ga... Futtekita!?

""""""""""""ecchi"""""""""""

No no that's pure hentai, they fuck every episode

If you like hentai go on, it's not bad

91169.jpg

Hisone to Maso-tan 6.5/10

I like the style a lot

JDF hides dragons with a sort of armor to make they look like planes, what a wonderful plot

About the season drops:

I dropped this but I don't exclude someone could like it

Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger

Free!: Dive to the Future

Muhyo to Rouji no Mahouritsu Soudan Jimusho

Planet With

Tried and meh

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Shichisei no Subaru

Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! 2

Shinya! Tensai Bakabon

Tried and bad

Island

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria

Lord of Vermilion: Guren no Ou

Tsukumogami Kashimasu

Not even tried

One Room 2nd Season

Aguu: Tensai Ningyou

Space Bug

Not even tried because Idolshit/Fujoshit or suspected Idolshit/Fujoshit

Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes

Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight

Phantom in the Twilight

Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Ouji-sama

Senjuushi

Ongaku Shoujo (TV)

Cinderella Girls Gekijou 3rd Season

BanG Dream! Garupa☆Pico

Cinderella Girls Gekijou: Kayou Cinderella Theater 3rd Season

• Upvote 3

93412.jpg

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu 5.5/10

A human finds himself in his favorite RPG, how original! It's a light novel, you do not say!

Better than expected because I expected a fast drop, but in the end it's harem with an unsatisfactory ending

93420.jpg

Jashin-chan Dropkick 5.5/10

Monster Musume + Gabriel DropOut, angels, devils, monsters, all living on the earth in a slice of life

I like the adventures of the homeless fallen angel

7604.jpg

Grappler Baki 7.5/10

It's an old anime from 2001, watching this because there's the sequel ongoing

It's street fighter with a bit of JoJo, Baki's dad is the strongest human obsessed with fighting, dad is evil and he wants to beat his dad, a lot of fighting and training, usual things

Some classic 90s bullshit, for example Baki is 13 years old when the story starts and one of the first opponents is the boxing welterweight champ, sure realistic lol, but the MC must be in middle-highschool, it's a non-written rule

93440.jpg

Satsuriku no Tenshi 5/10

A girl who wants to die and a serial killer wake up in some structure and they lost their memory, every floor has a guardian, she helps him to get out and he will kill her once they are outside

Starts ok, second part is meh, no ending because was 16 episodes and now finished at 12, I don't know what happened

• Upvote 1

I originally plan to make a writeup once some of the shows I'm currently watching finished airing but decided against it. Can't let Micchan monopolize the entire thread now eh?

Hataraku Saibou (5/10)

93550l.jpg

Educational show about cute cells doing cute things. There are some fun moment, but I personally found it to be quite meh

Satsuriku no Tenshi (dropped) (4/10)

93440l.jpg

Watched about 3-4 episodes before I dropped it. The concept is interesting at first as i thought it would be something like a show where the main character "defeat/outwit/run away to freedom" while encountering interesting serial killers 

but nope all the characters (so far) are edgy for the sake of being edgy and shallow af. The faux Christianity didn't help either

Asobi Asobase (8/10)

90281l.jpg

My impression of the show can be summed up in this image:

dATpOaa.jpg

The only reason I started watching this is because I read up somewhere that contrary to what it looks like, the show is not a cute girls doing cute things show. After watching an episode of it, they're definitely right. I think the best way to describe this show is to imagine Nichijou on PCP. Anyway, I really like it.

Hisone to Maso-tan (6.5/10)

91169l.jpg

AKA 'How to Plane your Dragon'

Can we take a moment to take in the fact that in addition to the JDF hiding dragon as planes,  the pilot have to be eaten by the dragon in order to pilot it.

Low key vore aside, I find it a bit boring at first but became more interest in it after the first few episodes.

Apart from sequels (e.g. My Hero Academia) there's not many good shows going on right now so not much to write about. Been reading some manga in the meantime so I might make a short writeup about it sometime soon

• Upvote 1

93146.jpg

Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san - 4.5/10

Slice of life/shotacon harem

A boy is molested every day by older girls and everyone is totally ok with this

At least it's likely to cause the creation of some good doujinshi :dong:

91028.jpg

Lupin III: Part 5 - 8/10

Great as usual, Lupin this time meets modern technology, internet, drones, they can find him everywhere

Most of the episodes are connected to the main story but there's a special episode with Lupin in red with the style of the very iconic second series

94876.jpg

Asobi Asobase - 8/10

As Bear said Nichijou on steroids

93140.jpg

Back Street Girls: Gokudolls - 5.5/10

3 yakuza failed again and their boss to punish them sends the 3 to Thailand for a year to change sex and train to become idols, now they are 3 cute girls in an idol group making money for the boss but inside they still are 3 yazuka

Sounds like a great plot for comedy and the style has something of Prison School but failed to deliver at least in part, could have been better

92602.jpg

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - 7.5/10

On her way to school (or coming back to school) Chio and her best friend Mana have crazy adventures starting from the normal everyday life

I don't know why was so underrated this season

• Upvote 1

92084.jpg

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season 9/10

One of the best anime of this generation, it's the only one I always watch just after the download no matter what

93809.jpg

Yama no Susume: Third Season 4.5/10

They need to balance the slice of life with the adventure, now is 95% SoL and after 3 seasons it gets booring

93521.jpg

Steins;Gate 0 7/10

The biggest problem is that this is just another route so it sounds like rewatching the original

95045.jpg

Yami Shibai 6 4/10

Sorry but after 6 seasons all the good stories are gone

95038.jpg

Harukana Receive 5.5/10

tl;dr anime-is-saved.jpg

95052.jpg

Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki 7/10

The story of the first japanese island invaded by the mongol horde, some things are accurate, then there are the samurai going berserk NIPPON STRONGGGGGG, but it's a good one and I'm not big fan of historical anime

• Upvote 1

Let's do the season drops

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai - You can try this one because seem appreciated but to me looks the classic LN loved by the casual watchers

Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season - Tired of this edgy shit

Zombieland Saga - Blablabla she dies and becomes a zombie NICE! And finds other zombie girls NICE! And they become a zombie idol group FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara - Classic PA Works with good quality but drama about people I don't care because they are generic anime characters

Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet - I Don't Know What Genre Is This The Animation

Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi - Really? The hundred years war with magic and LN shit? Really?

Yagate Kimi ni Naru - Confused Sexuality The Animation

Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai - WTF is wrong with LN creators

Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san - Short about workers in a manga store, decent, you can try if you want

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - Lesbo anime twilight

Conception - Whoever invented this plot should be locked up in an asylum

Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu - Archery with the classic generic sport anime plot for fujoshi

RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida - Idon'trememberwhatisthis

Release the Spyce - Sort of majokko, sort of bad

Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama. - Love story in hell, literally

Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu. - fujoshit

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill - Tiger & Bunny, but bad

Akanesasu Shoujo - Idon'trememberwhatisthis part 2

Jingai-san no Yome - Nothing happens... drop

Anima Yell! - Sort of cute sport/SOL anime about cheerleaders, decent

Merc Storia: Mukiryoku no Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo - Low quality shonen

Sora to Umi no Aida - Sorry what?

Sono Toki, Kanojo wa. - Booooooring

*insert 5-10 ignored anime no one watched anyway*

Also watched Jashin-chan Dropkick Episode 12 (OVA) and it was ok

• Upvote 1

95011.jpg

Lupin wa Ima mo Moete Iru ka? 6/10

Very coo idea having Lupin go back in time to the first episode for the 50th anniversary of the series but it's a great idea for a movie, not for a 25 min special, too rushed

97154.jpg

Yuu☆Yuu☆Hakusho: Two Shots 6/10

Two special manga chapters adapted for the 20th anniversary, I liked the first story more

96676.jpg
Hataraku Saibou: Kaze Shoukougun 5.5/10
I expected better from this special, more weak than any episode of the serie, still ok I guee

• Upvote 1

You know, I usually wait until all of the anime I'm watching finished releasing all episode before doing a write-up. I was waiting for Italian Jojo to finish before doing the write-up until i found out they're planning to release 39 episodes : /

Jojo Part 5: Golden Wind (6.5/10)

bLr6RrA.png

And now for the fifth part of Jojo we have 100% authentic Italian, definitely not Japanese Jojo trying to join the Gang-star (yes, you read that right) to overthrow the mafia boss. Series is still ongoing and compared to previous parts, there's not much going on so far but things might change as the series progress

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (9/10)

95018l.jpg

2nd season is back and is still great. Time to wait for the third season

Zombieland Saga (dropped with a passion)

XKfR7PA.jpg
Biggest bait and switch ever since Yuri on Ice

Spoiler

Me when the anime was first announced, my thought was:

"oh, a zombie apocalypse anime? this sound fun!"

Me when truck-kun bodyslam the main character into a zombie

"huh, so is it a zombie apocalypse but from the perspective of a zombie?"

Me when it turns out to be idol shit

SiVxw2k.jpg

Come on, why can't we have some good old decent zombie show? I'm a sucker for them and even something like Highschool of the Dead would do. If someone can go fund a studio to adapt I am a Hero manga into an anime then that would be great

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (6/10)

5i787ME.jpg

Q U A N T U M P H Y S I C S

U

A

N

T

U

M

P

H

Y

S

I

C

S

Not much to talk about here. Found it interesting and just a tad bit similar to Haruhi

Goblin Slayer (5/10)

hr6lBug.jpg

Not going to talk about that one thing in episode 1. Nope, not touching that.

Other than that, the anime is essentially a harem show. Killing goblins is pretty fun to watch but that's pretty much it

93690.jpg

Godzilla 3: Hoshi wo Kuu Mono 5\10

Weak ending for this trilogy, Ghidorah is not cool as expected, too few Godzilla scenes, too many scenes with the humans talking

95059.jpg

Gurazeni Season 2 6.5\10

Another enjoyable season, I really like how they ignore victories and concentrate on the life of the sport guys

93415.jpg

Goblin Slayer 6\10

The action is good but he's really a terrible MC who can't say more than two words

95330.jpg

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! 6\10

Pedogirls is a new genre, we have at least one every season, but I don't care since they keep it comedy based and the show is an ok slice of life a bit ruined by a bit of drama at the end that really doesn't fit with the rest

95616.jpg

SSSS.Gridman 4\10

Studi Trigger failed hard, some things from the past are still good, some things are not, a remake of a classic super sentai is not something I would do in 2018

95018.jpg

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season 7.5\10

Good as the first season, I really like the style and how they go from brutal action to comfy moments and it doesn't feel

93145.jpg

Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa 7.5\10

Must watch for every Kaiji fan, you can see what the ba guys did during the story but in a comedy style

93472.jpg

Banana Fish 6\10

Gangs and mafia in New York, pew pew pew and new secret evil drugs, everyone is gay for some reason

• Upvote 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.