1 hour ago, Lordship said:

Honor is dead, but I’ll see what I can do.

Thats such an important easter egg tbh. One of the greatest lines revealing whats to come. I just wish though there was more about Kaladin and Laral tbh. I really loved that story :( 

Best moments were while Kaladin was in Bridge Four, slowly changing the tone of the crew and doing what he could to improve their standard of living and schemed for their survival and escape plan. They constantly had to adapt to changes from a leadership that wanted them dead from day 1 and went to great lengths to kill them.

Most intriguing character was Syl. I originally thought she was merely a side character who'd follow Kaladin and have no other purpose than be super ditsy and innocent, a sharp contrast to all the horrors Kaladin had experienced before their meeting. It wasn't until she started saying stuff that even she didn't fully understand that I realized there was an unspoken connection and she had a greater role with an ever changing personality where she didn't even know what was happening to her and Kaladin.

Best character development was Adolin. Early in the book, he often acted childish and on sudden impulses. As the story progressed, he showed more reverence for the Codes and led like a true military commander. He also maintained enough skepticism to not trust Sadaes.

Biggest asshole: By far Sadaes. Betraying an ally and allowing thousands to die without even a little remorse is perhaps the cruelest part of the book. Even crueler than the unjust way Amaram claiming the shards.

With all the times I verbally said "HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!" in the last 50 to 100 pages, I'm super excited to begin Words of Radiance.

• Like 1

I think it’s great how kaladin is evolving as a character, from blackest place one can be to find a cause he thought was lost forever, to have the balls to take another bite of that cherry and begin the process all over again! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.