Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

Anything with Kaladin in it, but particularly the training sessions of the bridge four members while they were recruiting. I remember having chills run down my spine when Skar and Drehy showed back up with a baby that they managed to save, and they both said that they will protect those who cannot protect themselves. That was epic!

I am Unity was such a fantastic moment. I remember I had to stop reading and take a breather shortly before the big moment. Things looked bleak for damn near every character. Adolin was stabbed in the gut, Kaladin and Shallan were out of Stormlight facing six fused. Szeth and Lift were struggling to keep Nightblood under control without his sheath. Renarin saw the future; Jasnah kills him and Dalinar has fallen to Odium. Jasnah was just about to kill Renarin. Dalinar had just been virtually destroyed by Odium. I couldn't see an out but I should have trusted Sanderson. It blew me away.

Dalinar flashbacks had some great moments, like him walking out into the highstorm to get his knife he thought he'd lent someone.

NO MATING!

Most of the bridge four scenes I thought were great. I was so happy when Hobber finally was able to glow. Learning more about Rock and seeing his family was great. The moment when Lopen finally reached the third ideal. 

Oathbringer just had too many good moments to list them all, but one of my favorites was definitely this: 

"They looked out at the street and found Kaladin approaching along with what seemed to be an army of five or six hundred men, wearing the uniforms of the Wall Guard.

Adolin sighed softly. 'Of course. He’s probably their leader now or something. Storming bridgeboy.'"

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, Rashek said:

What was yours, @Nizam Adrienne?

That's way too difficult. There were way too many good parts and I honestly probably need to read it again before I could say. I will say that I really enjoyed the Shallan scenes in this book :D 

Just finished Oathbringer, and it was great! My boy Dalinar is still my favorite character. Every time Shallan had her little identity crisis, I thought of the movie Inception, because she was forgetting what was real.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Brady the Great said:

Just finished Oathbringer, and it was great! My boy Dalinar is still my favorite character. Every time Shallan had her little identity crisis, I thought of the movie Inception, because she was forgetting what was real.

Dalinar was chill. I'm still a huge fan of Kaladin/Adolin without Shallan. I'd honestly prefer is Sanderson just did not attempt to write female characters. Shallan marrying Adolin still makes me cringe. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this