• Once a day
    • Twice a day
    • 3-5 times daily
    • Hourly (for TKR)
    • Every few days
    • Obligatory Micchan option
    • Hourly (for RL work)

Micchan,

Please stop with this facade of slack hatred.

Certain topics belong on the forums.  Certain topics belong on slack.  But when we war, slack is the superior messaging system seeing that the messages are live and allow for quick team coordination which is critical to knock out enemies earlier with as little damage to us as possible, so being a slack hater is simply refusing to be war effective.  If you say...

1 hour ago, Micchan said:

FAK SLACK

...then to that I say, "FAK" the forum only players.  Whatever your reason has been, I ask that you get on slack for when war comes around, you don't have to be on slack at all in between wars and you can keep with your precious forum fighter thing.  However, during the first few days of a large scale war, being able to call on someone quickly is important to saving others or yourself.  Continuing to refuse the use of the messaging system that the entire rest of the alliance has adopted and uses for war coordination, flies in the face of being a team player.  I continue to be disappointed in how you act about doing what could be such a beneficial thing to yourself and your alliance mates.  Please, please...  just try it the next time we war so you can see that it DOES HAVE ITS PLACE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedFive said:

Micchan,

Please stop with this facade of slack hatred.

Certain topics belong on the forums.  Certain topics belong on slack.  But when we war, slack is the superior messaging system seeing that the messages are live and allow for quick team coordination which is critical to knock out enemies earlier with as little damage to us as possible, so being a slack hater is simply refusing to be war effective.  If you say...

...then to that I say, "FAK" the forum only players.  Whatever your reason has been, I ask that you get on slack for when war comes around, you don't have to be on slack at all in between wars and you can keep with your precious forum fighter thing.  However, during the first few days of a large scale war, being able to call on someone quickly is important to saving others or yourself.  Continuing to refuse the use of the messaging system that the entire rest of the alliance has adopted and uses for war coordination, flies in the face of being a team player.  I continue to be disappointed in how you act about doing what could be such a beneficial thing to yourself and your alliance mates.  Please, please...  just try it the next time we war so you can see that it DOES HAVE ITS PLACE.

+1 for the effort

I agree Red5....the reason TKR is so successful is that it is a community and we have extremely good communication. Forums are good for announcements, education, some fun. Slack is great to get to know people, immediate communication, discussion, and fun times. Discord is good to get to know those outside of our alliance.

To say you can't stand slack...or can't bother to tune in now and then, seems to say you really don't want to know people.

Is this true?  Or what my question is...why not?

• Downvote 1

Used to check it several times a day. Now, barely use Slack anymore. Been very busy lately and Slack just doesn't feel the same

EDIT: also congrats hariff for becoming the new pollmaster! just make sure not to let the pollmaster curse get you

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sojourner said:

To say you can't stand slack...or can't bother to tune in now and then, seems to say you really don't want to know people.

This is not necessarily true. Forums were good for knowing people a while back, and great for communication. Just maybe not as real time war coordination. But forums were and still are a good means of community. When everyone goes on Slack, the forums go more idle. I can see why Micchan doesn't like it.

• Upvote 2

The Forums have been relegated to more of an archive of important information, and long-winded announcements in the face of slack, so I don't know that Micchan is wholly wrong that slack isnt the greatest, if you like forums... Slack is about quantity over quality, to spin a quote from last week. There are so many messages that it can be a tad overwhelming to some, while the forum will make more likely that anything said has substance or meaning, and isnt

Spam or

Chat

Said

In one

Or two

word snippets.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sojourner said:

Why would i want to get to know more people. And well i pretty much did the same thing back when i first used slack all those months ago, installed it during war, talked to the boys and once the war ended i stopped using. Now it is just taking up space and im just about to un-install it. We can achieve the same thing on discord with a members only section and we can switch back and forth between web pages much faster then we can with slack. 

29 minutes ago, Dark Specter said:

Why would i want to get to know more people. And well i pretty much did the same thing back when i first used slack all those months ago, installed it during war, talked to the boys and once the war ended i stopped using. Now it is just taking up space and im just about to un-install it. We can achieve the same thing on discord with a members only section and we can switch back and forth between web pages much faster then we can with slack. 

It wouldn't be "just taking up space" if you popped on and said hi every now and again ;)

10 hours ago, Prince_Riku_Lyonheart said:

The Forums have been relegated to more of an archive of important information, and long-winded announcements in the face of slack, so I don't know that Micchan is wholly wrong that slack isnt the greatest, if you like forums... Slack is about quantity over quality, to spin a quote from last week. There are so many messages that it can be a tad overwhelming to some, while the forum will make more likely that anything said has substance or meaning, and isnt

Spam or

Chat

Said

In one

Or two

word snippets.

I can understand that but the main argument made for her joining was for war purposes. It's fine if you have a preference but during war, it'd make everyone's lives much easier to be on slack for coordination 

This poll is "How often do you check Slack?"

The next poll should be "How often do you check the forums?"

Then we can poll in slack both of these questions and we can do a statistical correlation and bias calculation based on the location of the poll!  My pocket protector is pounding from my elevated heartbeat!

Sorry...  my nerdy self got the better of me.  I'll stop.

*slides on glasses and turns back to his Excel file of data and begins writing out statistical formulas*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dark Specter said:

Internet friends are the best type of friends - you don't have to wear pants when talking to them ....... You lucky lucky people (now get that image out of your heads 😁)

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Bear said:

Used to check it several times a day. Now, barely use Slack anymore. Been very busy lately and Slack just doesn't feel the same

EDIT: also congrats hariff for becoming the new pollmaster! just make sure not to let the pollmaster curse get you

Thanks haha - what is this pollmaster curse if its struggling to think of polls its already hit me!

On 10/8/2018 at 6:10 PM, Nizam Adrienne said:

Wrong title?

nahh what wrong title 😂

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2018 at 10:56 PM, sojourner said:

Is this true?  Or what my question is...why not?

I don't. 

I don't have the time/care to get to know people. I'm here and I'm for TKR, that should be enough. I've been in TKR long enough and done my share to show I personally give to the alliance. I don't need to be on IRC/Discord/Slack to show my support for the alliance. 

• Upvote 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this