Sign in to follow this  
Hariff

27/10/18 - How many polls should we have weekly?

27/10/18 - How many polls should we have weekly?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many polls a week?

• Daily
    • 5/6
    • 3/4
    • who needs polls?
    • only when relevant/gov purposes

Oh putting my sensible head on, its a lot of work for the person running the polls to think of new polls every day, I have gone for two a week for a number of reasons 

1. less demand on the polling member
  2. allows time for people to vote (did you know there are members out there who don’t check the forums daily 😱)
  3. allows a conversation between the voters fostering good spirit etc 
  • Like 1

^ exactly why it should be and has been a low gov position in some alliances. It's actually a lot of real effort, thinking up good polls like "Who would win? Roman empire vs French?" rather than "What phone do you use?"

Probably more effort than many of the low gov positions, and more impact. If you look at the data, we've also been much more active in the times when polls were good, even though there were less people back then. Though a part of that might have been because there were more diplomats on the forums.

Definitely not daily. I tried doing the pollmaster for a short period over a year ago and it's very hard to come up with decent polls/discussion questions

I really like doing 2 per week. Basically put it on a 3 day rotation, and then every few weeks, we get 3 in the same week! Regardless, 3 days is enough for people to actually see it and respond, comment, and interact. It should not feel like a chore to the person responsible for them, either!

I have been enjoying the new polls though.

1 hour ago, Benfro said:

I really like doing 2 per week. Basically put it on a 3 day rotation, and then every few weeks, we get 3 in the same week! Regardless, 3 days is enough for people to actually see it and respond, comment, and interact. It should not feel like a chore to the person responsible for them, either!

I have been enjoying the new polls though.

First thanks all for the comments, I am not finding it a chore posting - its more thinking of them, I just come on when I have a semi decent idea.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:00 AM, Hariff said:

First thanks all for the comments, I am not finding it a chore posting - its more thinking of them, I just come on when I have a semi decent idea.

hmu if you can't do a day though, and I'll try to cover.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this