• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
    • I am currently unemployed

Doing a bit of work as research assistant on the side but that has no set work days. Besides that I'm a student so that's not work in the sense of this thread. My classes are currently Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday though.

@Hariff Make it so people can see who voted for what in the future. It's funnier for these non-serious polls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

Doing a bit of work as research assistant on the side but that has no set work days. Besides that I'm a student so that's not work in the sense of this thread. My classes are currently Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday though.

@Hariff Make it so people can see who voted for what in the future. It's funnier for these non-serious polls.

Ermm you can see who has voted for what?

1 hour ago, RedFive said:

All the American's are looking at this poll and thinking...  April 11th!?  This poll is old.

i use a proper, logical dating system ;)

2 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

alright

2 hours ago, Sheepy said:

I like how thursday has one extra vote over the other weekdays.

thats me - i work saturdays and thursday evening

All the American's are looking at this poll and thinking...  April 11th!?  This poll is old.

Well if you all used a proper date system, you wouldn’t think that 😂 

1 minute ago, Hariff said:

your gov probably?

edit: i can't lol and i got masked :/

Good point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modi said:

Well if you all used a proper date system, you wouldn’t think that 😂 

Part of the reason I point that out is to highlight the language differences we have within our alliance.  The Europeans (and others) put the day before the month while the American's put the month before the day...  In short, the 4th of November or November 4th, means the same thing.  But 4/11 or 11/4 means different things depending on where you are at in this world.  Hence, instead of using ONLY numbers, I was pointing it out so in the future we would write "4 November 2018" or "4 Nov 2018" instead of "4/11/2018" so Europeans (and others too) and Americans understand it.  There is a level of obviousness to what the date is when you write it with the month written out, whereas the other, it depends on your location and can create a mistake when communicating between groups with different location or language backgrounds.  Given that we are a worldly alliance, we should do our best to mistake proof what we say.  So, in short, write out the month.

Red

P.S.  THIS IS LEGIT AND REAL:  I will give a billion P&W dollars on 12/11/18 to the person who can figure out what date I mean in this sentence...  all are welcome to respond...  the correct response gets the money on that date.  I will only look at the first response of each person if you guess more than once.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedFive said:

P.S.  THIS IS LEGIT AND REAL:  I will give a billion P&W dollars on 12/11/18 to the person who can figure out what date I mean in this sentence...  all are welcome to respond...  the correct response gets the money on that date.  I will only look at the first response of each person if you guess more than once.

Who wants to collaborate with me? I say one option and you say the other and then we split the money

Spoiler

But there's some trick for sure, I guess he will give the money on 18 dec 2111 or something like that

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedFive said:

Eighteenber 12, 2011

• Upvote 1

So, in short, write out the month.

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.

Thy choicest gifts in store
On her be pleased to pour,
Long may she reign.
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen.

short answer, nah - rule logical date systems!

Woah woah woah, if we're taking alliance members nationalities into consideration when writing dates then I demand that you consider Thai dating system too when writing out these dates 😛

With the Thai dating system, the poll date would be written as ๕/๑๑/๒๕๖๑ or 5/11/2561

• Like 1

Technically for multinational users the correct date format is ISO 8601

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.