Sign in to follow this  
Hariff

16/11/18 - TKR Secret Santa

16/11/18 - TKR Secret Santa  

20 members have voted

1. 1. READ THREAD FIRST - Would you participate?

• Yes, people can send to my real address/send a game/art.
    • Yes, people can send me a game/art/digital stuff only.
    • Yes, but with other conditions, please state below
    • No, I am not interested sorry!
  2. 2. If you plan to send post, should it be rigged to reduce shipping costs.

• Yes
    • No (if so, why?)
    • I'm not sending anyone anything.

This poll is a serious one (which 90s song are you is now off the main page of TKR!) so please answer seriously so I can get a good idea for numbers!

A full announcement will be coming in the next few days but basically here is a brief outline. You can participate by:

• Accepting real things to your address.
  • Accepting art/steam games/digital content.
  • Accepting something ingame only.
  • You don't have to send real things if you don't want to however.

The recommend spend will be around $5 to $10. For people that are shipping items to their Secret Santa, rigging may be in place to prevent loads of people sending stuff across the Atlantic. This is to reduce shipping costs and is asked about in Question 2 so please only select an option if you are actually planning to send an item.

Any other suggestions are very welcome ;) 

EDIT: We have a Slack channel #secretsanta, @Micchan if you are interested message me on the forums.

Hmm.. I'm torn. Shipping is relatively expensive from Japan to other parts of the world. At least on my budget it is. :3

And while sending something online is also an option, what comes most to mind are games like on Steam. And I don't play games myself in return. 🤔

7 hours ago, Arash said:

I live in iran so i guess i can not participate 

4 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

Hmm.. I'm torn. Shipping is relatively expensive from Japan to other parts of the world. At least on my budget it is. :3

And while sending something online is also an option, what comes most to mind are games like on Steam. And I don't play games myself in return. 🤔

this is not a problem. If you want send something online and receive something online/we can use one of our 'happy to send abroaders' to get you something! :) Please when the post goes up for official signup register your interest and I will try and include you! @Arash @Mitsuru

30 minutes ago, RedFive said:

I just wanted to send someone 1,000,000 food in game and be done with it.  😕 no completely in game secret santa?

'you received 1,000,000 food from Natisca'

lacking secrecy i think

4 hours ago, Polarer König Josh said:

Uhh art as in art you made yourself?

If you want to yeah, maybe a new flag or something like that - it doesn't have to be art it could literally be anything send someone your town hall 11 clash of clans account for all i care 😂

40 minutes ago, Hariff said:

If you want to yeah, maybe a new flag or something like that - it doesn't have to be art it could literally be anything send someone your town hall 11 clash of clans account for all i care 😂

a town hall 11 clash of clans account is selling for a few hundred bucks...  I'd take it!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hariff said:

lacking secrecy i think

In past secret santa's we would send it all to the bank, and then the bank would disperse it.  If people go looking for it, you can figure out who it came from, but that wouldn't be fun...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hariff said:

this is not a problem. If you want send something online and receive something online/we can use one of our 'happy to send abroaders' to get you something! :) Please when the post goes up for official signup register your interest and I will try and include you! @Arash @Mitsuru

Don't know about the UK but I'm pretty sure you can't ship anything to Iran from the US due to sanctions. That's what arash was hinting at.

15 minutes ago, Miller said:

Don't know about the UK but I'm pretty sure you can't ship anything to Iran from the US due to sanctions. That's what arash was hinting at.

Oh, well you would have to send something online then, I will definitely try to work something out with you to help you and anyone else hit with issues participate.

6 hours ago, Hariff said:

good idea, but 1$ is 150000IRR (on google it says 42000 but that not the case on the free market here) here so at the most I'll be able to put 2-3 bucks in without stealing from my dad!

yes, I'm unemployed and live off my dad still!

yes I'm24, in my defense I'm a student!

on a totally unrelated note - if anyone has cryptocurrency mining equipment or can help me with the logistics, I can run a mining operation since electricity and internet is somewhat cheaper over here, and send out the money!

how cheap you may ask, well I pay 0 on electricity and under 5$ for 8Mbps 180GB internet per month!

for further information get in contact with me :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Data cap is worse than Pantheon at war

yes, it is a pain in the A$$!

but it can be fixed, 16Mbps with 360GB is around 10$ and extra traffic is 10GB<2$

also, I don't think mining uses much traffic, does it?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this