Hariff

06/01/18 - Virtual Worlds

06/01/18 - Virtual Worlds  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which did you play when you were younger?

• Habbo
    • Club Penguin
    • Toontown
    • Moshi Monsters
    • Bin Weevils
    • Woozworld
    • Second Life
    • Wizard 101
    • Fantage
    • Poptropica
    • None

I remember when I was in elementary school and they created what they called a "lab" and we were all in awe of these things they called computers.  We had like 8 for the entire school and we felt damn special to get to go the lab for 45 minutes once a week.  My oxen pulled my wagon towards Oregon and I usually died from dysentery, but I didn't care, it wasn't school, it was a computer game in school.

In Middle School my Dad found an Atari system all boxed up at a garage sale for like $5.  So he bought it, and we set it up and would play PacMan, pong, centipede, and other terribly simple games in the basement for hours on end.

In high school I got tetris added to my TI-86 calculator and I am pretty sure I missed out on dating because of that stupid game.  So many girls, so much wasted time trying to set a new high score (my TI-86 record was 57k, best in the school, but a little shy of the world records back in those days for that calculator (59k - if you tell me you had a higher score on your TI-83 I will punch you in the face because it wasn't the same game!  Let's not re-hash that argument because I will play your TI-83 and crush your record the first time I play it like I did to that stupid Jonathon kid 20 years ago!!!) - I was trying ALL OF THE TIME to eek out just one or two more tetrises at the level 17 or 18 range, it was so fast I never got past the mid 50k range but could almost always get past 40k score.)  I also was really good at Dr. Mario on N-64, I never lost to anyone that started on the same level as me in head to head match-ups.  Oh, the days when I was good at things.

Also in high school I found www.itsyourturn.com and in college I found www.brainking.com which allowed far more games and did that for many many years.  Each were turn based board game sites. I played there until I finally gave it up because of some new dumb game I found where it's about war and politics or something like that...

I guess I also do clash of clans when I am really bored.  There is my life story in the gaming world.  It's pretty sad, I know, but work is boring and I have time to kill so why not write a bunch stuff that no one cares about?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, RedFive said:

I remember when I was in elementary school and they created what they called a "lab" and we were all in awe of these things they called computers.  We had like 8 for the entire school and we felt damn special to get to go the lab for 45 minutes once a week.  My oxen pulled my wagon towards Oregon and I usually died from dysentery, but I didn't care, it wasn't school, it was a computer game in school.

In Middle School my Dad found an Atari system all boxed up at a garage sale for like $5.  So he bought it, and we set it up and would play PacMan, pong, centipede, and other terribly simple games in the basement for hours on end.

In high school I got tetris added to my TI-86 calculator and I am pretty sure I missed out on dating because of that stupid game.  So many girls, so much wasted time trying to set a new high score (my TI-86 record was 57k, best in the school, but a little shy of the world records back in those days for that calculator (59k - if you tell me you had a higher score on your TI-83 I will punch you in the face because it wasn't the same game!  Let's not re-hash that argument because I will play your TI-83 and crush your record the first time I play it like I did to that stupid Jonathon kid 20 years ago!!!) - I was trying ALL OF THE TIME to eek out just one or two more tetrises at the level 17 or 18 range, it was so fast I never got past the mid 50k range but could almost always get past 40k score.)  I also was really good at Dr. Mario on N-64, I never lost to anyone that started on the same level as me in head to head match-ups.  Oh, the days when I was good at things.

Also in high school I found www.itsyourturn.com and in college I found www.brainking.com which allowed far more games and did that for many many years.  Each were turn based board game sites. I played there until I finally gave it up because of some new dumb game I found where it's about war and politics or something like that...

I guess I also do clash of clans when I am really bored.  There is my life story in the gaming world.  It's pretty sad, I know, but work is boring and I have time to kill so why not write a bunch stuff that no one cares about?

thanks for the story, when i saw it was a red five story unfortunately it wasn't as funny as your most shameful boner one ;) probably my favourite post on these damn forums!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hariff said:

thanks for the story, when i saw it was a red five story unfortunately it wasn't as funny as your most shameful boner one ;) probably my favourite post on these damn forums!

That story isn't seen by enough people...  it should be rehashed annually or something.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, Hariff said:

In case anyone is struggling to find it...  LMAO:  

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.