Sign in to follow this  
Infinite Citadel

Infinite Citadel

Most everyone should hopefully know or at least recognize me (unless your a FA diplo, then you get a pass :P ). I'm Infinite Citadel, leader of The Knights Radiant. I started playing P&W back in late December when a member of Rose (Thulium) tried to start an alliance by recruiting his various friends from CN that he had made over the years (he recruited from the old CN alliance, the Mushroom Kingdom, which is where I came from). His alliance, WWF, had a solid start (we peaked at #12), but ultimately Thulium went inactive. WWF basically dead a long death stemming from inactivity at the top, and from its ashes I made The Knights Radiant. I think an alliance's activity depends on having an active leader, and as such activity on the forums and IRC has been my main focus thus far with TKR. 

A lot of us came from CN, so I'll post a short history of my career from there as well. I started playing Cyber Nations back in 2007, when the game was still active decent (it's dead as fuck now). I joined a smaller alliance at the time, TDSM8. We eventually merged into Mushroom Kingdom, where I was a member for the vast majority of my career (until they disbanded). In MK, I partook in various High Government roles, ranging from head of economics, head of military, to leading the alliance for a short time in its last war (I'm happy with how it played out, even if MK lost). I stepped down shortly after the Equilibrium war to enjoy my last summer before grad school. By the time I got back, MK was talking about disbanding. Post disbandment, I haven't done anything of note, opting for general membership in The Order of the Paradox and the Orange Defense Network (where I'm currently at). I've dabbled with other games like CN over the years(pixel nations/lunar wars/astro empires), but P&W is the first one that's actually hooked me. 

OOC: I am a 24 year old graduate student working on a PhD in Molecular Genetics. I'm an avid fan of the University of Kentucky in football/basketball and as far as pro sports go the Cincinnati Reds (Baseball) and the Greenbay Packers (NFL). In my free time, I'm taking care of my dogs, hiking, playing computer games (other than P&W, I play a lot of CK2 and Civ V), and I've recently started reading quite a bit of fantasy books (hence the theme of this alliance). 

Feel free to ask me any questions ~

• Upvote 2

On 10/4/2015 at 0:19 PM, Infinite Citadel said:

Most everyone should hopefully know or at least recognize me (unless your a FA diplo, then you get a pass :P ). I'm Infinite Citadel, leader of The Knights Radiant. I started playing P&W back in late December when a member of Rose (Thulium) tried to start an alliance by recruiting his various friends from CN that he had made over the years (he recruited from the old CN alliance, the Mushroom Kingdom, which is where I came from). His alliance, WWF, had a solid start (we peaked at #12), but ultimately Thulium went inactive. WWF basically dead a long death stemming from inactivity at the top, and from its ashes I made The Knights Radiant. I think an alliance's activity depends on having an active leader, and as such activity on the forums and IRC has been my main focus thus far with TKR. 

A lot of us came from CN, so I'll post a short history of my career from there as well. I started playing Cyber Nations back in 2007, when the game was still active decent (it's dead as fuck now). I joined a smaller alliance at the time, TDSM8. We eventually merged into Mushroom Kingdom, where I was a member for the vast majority of my career (until they disbanded). In MK, I partook in various High Government roles, ranging from head of economics, head of military, to leading the alliance for a short time in its last war (I'm happy with how it played out, even if MK lost). I stepped down shortly after the Equilibrium war to enjoy my last summer before grad school. By the time I got back, MK was talking about disbanding. Post disbandment, I haven't done anything of note, opting for general membership in The Order of the Paradox and the Orange Defense Network (where I'm currently at). I've dabbled with other games like CN over the years(pixel nations/lunar wars/astro empires), but P&W is the first one that's actually hooked me. 

OOC: I am a 24 year old graduate student working on a PhD in Molecular Genetics. I'm an avid fan of the University of Kentucky in football/basketball and as far as pro sports go the Cincinnati Reds (Baseball) and the Greenbay Packers (NFL). In my free time, I'm taking care of my dogs, hiking, playing computer games (other than P&W, I play a lot of CK2 and Civ V), and I've recently started reading quite a bit of fantasy books (hence the theme of this alliance). 

Feel free to ask me any questions ~

Finally found your intro. :-) was lookin for it. Anyways PhD Molecular Genetics??? Wow Dr. Infinite Citadel. Just wow!!!

5 minutes ago, Great Kahn said:

Finally found your intro. :-) was lookin for it. Anyways PhD Molecular Genetics??? Wow Dr. Infinite Citadel. Just wow!!!

I'm actually switching Career Paths to Patent Law, so I'm likely going to be going to Law School. I'll have a Masters in Science instead of a PhD, but I guess eventually I'll have a JD haha

15 minutes ago, Infinite Citadel said:

I'm actually switching Career Paths to Patent Law, so I'm likely going to be going to Law School. I'll have a Masters in Science instead of a PhD, but I guess eventually I'll have a JD haha

Patent law is real good too. I switched career paths a couple times myself. I was aiming for a PhD in Economics and ended up with a Masters in Electrical & Computer Engineering. Economics to Engineering. I know. Don't even ask. :iiam:

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2016 at 7:27 PM, Great Kahn said:

Patent law is real good too. I switched career paths a couple times myself. I was aiming for a PhD in Economics and ended up with a Masters in Electrical & Computer Engineering. Economics to Engineering. I know. Don't even ask. :iiam:

Meh engineering is a very good path to go down, at least it is here in the UK where we have a shortage of them (how in the hell I don't know), although I will agree I that jump seems a bit...random.

On 27.5.2016 at 9:07 PM, Infinite Citadel said:

As a Master at Law it's interesting to know your reasoning behind the change? If you choose law I'd rather suggest specializing in Medical Law area, as you can use your experience in Molecular Genetics to your advantage. Looking how the big business in future would be gene therapy, genetic profiling (for example for insurance purposes) and personal/ human rights, there's a lot of money and interesting cases there.

4 hours ago, Deus said:

As a Master at Law it's interesting to know your reasoning behind the change? If you choose law I'd rather suggest specializing in Medical Law area, as you can use your experience in Molecular Genetics to your advantage. Looking how the big business in future would be gene therapy, genetic profiling (for example for insurance purposes) and personal/ human rights, there's a lot of money and interesting cases there.

I fell out of love with bench research/academia, and decided I wanted to do something in which I would still be involved with basic science and have to keep my general knowledge up to date. After going to a few workshops at a conference, I decided Patent Law was the best fit (it seems to be one of the main alternative career paths for MS/PhD students). Medical Law sounds interesting, but I'd have to ask the lawyers in my family how high in demand they are in the US because I don't actually know (there's a high demand for Patent Agents and Patent Attorneys -- so it seems like the best route of all my options right now).  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Infinite Citadel said:

I fell out of love with bench research/academia, and decided I wanted to do something in which I would still be involved with basic science and have to keep my general knowledge up to date. After going to a few workshops at a conference, I decided Patent Law was the best fit (it seems to be one of the main alternative career paths for MS/PhD students). Medical Law sounds interesting, but I'd have to ask the lawyers in my family how high in demand they are in the US because I don't actually know (there's a high demand for Patent Agents and Patent Attorneys -- so it seems like the best route of all my options right now).  

sure you can get additional specialities later on when it seems that the subject is becoming a boom.

My career advice: go with your gut, not the market stats. If you're in university, you're around enough smart people and cutting edge tech to know what's going on long before the market analysis people do.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this